Want to send us your poems outside of the open reading period? Well, you can do that, but to keep things moving we have to charge $3 per submission. Please note that our open reading periods are open in October and April but responses will take 3-4 months.
We will typically respond to these submissions within 3-4 weeks.
- Please only send 3 poems per submission window! Pace yourself, kiddo, because you can submit a fresh batch each time!
- Upload your poetry submissions as .doc/.docx attachment to our Poetry Postmaster General. Other file types (.pdf, .jpeg, .png, .omg??!) will not be considered and will bum us out!
- Actually, while you're attaching those great poems, why don't you send us a brief author bio. We want to know more about you! You can send some jokes too (we love jokes).
- Multiple submissions are fine, but please notify Red Flag Poetry if your work has been accepted elsewhere first.
- All poems will be considered for both Red Flag Poetry Postcards, AND Poetry Express. Longer poems will (because postcards prevent longer poems) only be considered for Poetry Express
We're looking to publish at least several chapbooks each year. Unfortunately, due to time constraints we are unable to give each collection its due attention. When submitting your work for consideration, we ask that you send a 150-200 word proposal detailing the purpose and general scope of your project. Along with this brief proposal please send the full MS but identify 5 poems from the larger work that best represents your submission. This will help get an idea about your work. Please consider purchasing one of our other chapbooks to see what we're about before submitting.
Note, the small submission fee for submitting chapbook proposals goes to supporting the project.
Please note that we're looking to publish these full-length collections in 2018.
Unfortunately we can't pay for art at this time, but all accepted artists will receive two complimentary copies of the postcard with their art mailed to them for their contribution.